Packed with potassium and omega-3s, these muffins are subtly sweet and full of flavor!
Servings: 10-11 medium sized muffins
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp of Earth Balance butter melted
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 large, ripe bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- 1 cornstarch egg
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Melt Earth Balance in medium bowl. Add in sugars, cinnamon, and flour. Mix until crumb forms. Crumbs should be pea sized.
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Prepare cornstarch eggs. 1 egg= 2 tbsp water + 1 tbsp canola oil +1 tsp cornstarch. Mix until combined.
- Combine mashed bananas, sugar, cornstarch egg, oil, and extracts using stand or hand mixer.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add in walnuts. Batter will lumpy and somewhat thick.
- Fill muffin tins ¾ full and liberally sprinkle with crumb. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Muffins can be stored at room temperature for 3 days.
Nutrition 1 muffin: 375 calories
Recipe inspiration from: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/6245-king-arthur-flours-banana-crumb-muffins