THE softest and sweetest chocolate chip cookie.
Servings: 9-10 medium sized cookies
- ½ cup Earth Balance buttery spread, soft/room temperature
- ½ cup cane sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 heaping tsp vanilla
- 1 cornstarch egg
- 1½ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Prepare cornstarch egg. 1 egg= 2 tbsp water + 1 tbsp canola oil + 1 tsp cornstarch. Mix until incorporated.
- Add vanilla and cornstarch egg to sugar mixture; beat until just combined.
- Add flour and baking soda. Do not overmix. The dough will be soft, but should not be super wet. Mix in dark chocolate chips.
- Use cookie scoop or roll dough into 9-10 balls. Gently press dough to make top less round; this helps cookies to spread (less spreading with cornstarch egg).
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until cookies look puffy and just barely golden. Cookies will appear pale and soft.
- Let cool on the pan for 10 minutes. This will allow cookies to sink and become more dense. Then enjoy the softest, sweetest cookie of your life!
- Cookies can be stored in airtight contained for 3-4 days.
Nutrition 1 cookie: 320 calories
Recipe inspiration from: http://pinchofyum.com/the-best-soft-chocolate-chip-cookies