A crunchy, nutrient packed salad that belongs on the Mediterranean coast.
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 15.5 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup dry Israeli couscous
- 1 cup black olives
- greens of choice
- 1-2 tbsp herbs de provence seasoning
- sea salt, black pepper, and olive oil to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop broccoli into florets and drain chickpeas. Place broccoli and chickpeas side-by-side on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 16-18 minutes or until broccoli is tender/lightly browned.
- Cook the couscous according to package instructions.
- Assemble salad. Start with greens of choice. Top with couscous, chickpeas, roasted broccoli, and black olives. Season with herbs de provence, sea salt, and black pepper. Lastly, drizzle with olive oil and enjoy!
- Salad will keep 1-2 days in refrigerator.
Nutrition 1 serving: 450 calories
Recipe inspiration from: http://www.double-thyme.com/blog/2017/4/2/roasted-broccoli-chickpea-and-couscous-salad