One (of many) muffin recipe everyone needs.
Servings: 14-15 medium sized muffins
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour + more for coating blueberries
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 cornstarch eggs
- 1 heaping cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- turbinado sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Prepare cornstarch eggs. 1 egg= 2 tbsp water + 1 tbsp canola oil +1 tsp cornstarch. Mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs and sugar until combined. Add in almond milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Batter will be lumpy and somewhat thick.
- Lightly coat blueberries in flour. This will prevent blueberries from sinking to bottom of muffins or turning muffins blue. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin tins to the top and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake at 425F degrees for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 and continue to bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Muffins can be stored at room temperature for 3-4 days.
Nutrition 1 muffin: 250 calories
Recipe inspiration from: http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/01/07/sparkling-jumbo-blueberry-muffins-2/